Can I use SafeAssign before submitting
Students can use SafeAssign before submitting by uploading the document as a draft and then the similarity report will generate for which we have to wait for a few minutes depending on the file size and other factors. using SafeAssign before submitting the assignment is good and useful for students to improve their writing. the software is commonly used by the students. the report accuracy rate is between 92%-97% so it will give the real matches of the content with another existing database whether it is from the institutional archive document that is submitted using SafeAssign, globally reference, or the internet.
How to use SafeAssign before submitting the assignment
Using SafeAssign is easy to process as its a user-friendly software that makes the software easy to use. following are the process to use SafeAssign:
- The document should be uploaded on SafeAssign as a draft at the beginning of
- The scanning of the document will start the matching of the content of the assignment with the existing document.
- To get the similarity report one has to wait for approximately 20-30 minutes.
- After getting the originality report the process of interpretation can start.
- If the generated report is below 15% it is acceptable and signs of a good assignment.
- If the report is above 40% the assignment has to be reviewed as it shows that most of the content is copied by other sources.
How do I submit a draft to SafeAssign
Submitting of assignment by the student to the SafeAssign drat box is done to check the score before submitting it to the official assignment SafeAssign box. the draft box is located at the menu of the blackboard classroom and can be accessed by clicking on the draft link from the course menu on the left.
- Saving the file name according to the information provided by the instructor about the assignment that can be visible on the SafeAssign assessment page.
- After saving the file name and attaching all the required files to the assignment click on Browse my computer.
- Locating the assignment file as per your convenience and then click on open
- When SafeAssign is ready to submit the assignment as a draft then click on submit.
Use of SafeAssign student vs teacher:
Use of SafeAssign to students:
- Submitting the assignment on SafeAssign will automatically compare the content written by the student with the existing database.
- The generated originality report or similarity report will present the score of acceptability of the assignment or not accepted which needed to b reviewed further.
- Safeassign uses the algorithms that make the originality of the text be checked. The algorithm on which it works are words frequency, and structure of the sentence and compares them with Wikipedia data submission, institutional data submission archive, and global data submission.
- One can detect plagiarism when the content is written by using the idea or words of another person and not crediting them. presenting the work as yours but that is copied by the existing work. To avoid plagiarism one should have to do planned the assignment work, make notes on the paper and write in own language, and deeply study the subject.
- As SafeAssign is user-friendly that makes the software easy to use and the services of the SafeAssign are useable and accessible to all users neglecting the age and ability of the user.
For more such education-related articles, you may also refer to, How long does SafeAssign take Safeassign Report in Progress Time
Use of SafeAssign to teacher:
- Using SafeAssign to submit the assignment makes it easy to check whether the content is being copied or not
- The originality report generated is divided into levels of acceptability. if the percentage is below 15% it is acceptable and above 40% it is not.
- If will make the assignment to check under all the circumstances of the data including Wikipedia data submission, institutional data submission archive, and global data submission. that is not possible to check manually by the teacher.
- Even though the student is using the idea of another person and writing as if it is her/his idea makes to detect plagiarism.
SafeAssign says I plagiarized but I didnt Scan says plagiarized but didnt
If the software tools for detecting plagiarism like SafeAssign or Turnitin say that the content is plagiarized but the student is sure that he hasnt this is the case of false-negative and it can be acceptable when the student makes the teacher understand where the plagiarism we detect. plagiarism cannot be detected if the student has mentioned all the references at the end of the research.
Safeassign scan says plagiarized but didnt
Before submitting the assignment to the teacher one should do the proper study about the subject and note the information on the paper and write it in their language and try to mention all the references at the end of the page by naming the author and numbering the page work, by paraphrasing the content. After all of this if SafeAssign scans say it is plagiarized you dont need to worry discuss all the queries with the instructor and explaining them.
How to cheat SafeAssign
Safeassign can be cheated by not writing the content directly in the assignment instead of noting the main points on the paper and explaining them in their own words. if the content copied is paraphrased properly SafeAssign will not detect cheat. by referencing the content at the end of the research by naming the author or by adding a page of work.if the file is uploaded in pdf form or make the work done by the experts for not to detect plagiarism.
Using SafeAssign before submitting is a great technique used by the student so that the work is being reviewed where it is necessary and that helps to know the area that is needed to be improved. For the teacher, it makes it easy to check the plag in the assignment of the student that submitted as it compares the data from all the existing sources on the internet or institutional submitted archive.