How to add a GIF to Google Slides In this modern time, every one of us is aware of the latest trends which are going on. Be it for the videos or stickers. GIFs are one of the most used and interesting things you have come across on the internet. They are just like videos that continuously prompt on your screen like a beat. GIFs have become one of the most trending things on the internet. You can even use them in your presentations in order to attract your audience.
What is a GIF
GIF stands for Graphical Interchange Format which was created in 1987 by Steve Wilhite. It is an animated image that is in its smallest file size. You can say that GIFs are a chain of images or soundless video which plays continuously in a loop. There is no need to play it by yourself. GIFs are played just like the beats are played. Every GIF can use up to 8 bits/pixel. It can involve indexed colors up to 256. GIFs are files that are a mix of animations, frames, images, etc. GIF files use the .gif extension which can be used on different social media platforms.
Top 3 websites where you can get the GIFs
Following are the top 3 websites where you can quickly get the GIFs for yourself-
This is one of the websites where you can get free GIFs. You can edit any GIF on this website. You can add any captions in any style you want. This platform helps you to download these gifs easily in any format.
These platforms allow you to get various GIFs based on different emotions. You can get a variety like being happy, sad, emotionless, etc.
For more such education-related articles, you may also refer to, Google Meet hacks Google Meet classes exams
This is one of the most used platforms to get GIFs to use. You can get a lot of different GIFs based on your needs. It also allows you to share the gifs easily and on various social media platforms.
How to Add a GIF to Google Slides
To add up the GIF in the google slides, there are four ways
- Adding up a GIF from a Laptop
- Inserting a GIF with the help of a URL
- Inserting a GIF online
- Inserting a GIF from my drive
Adding up a GIF from a laptop
Following are the steps through which you can add up the google slide through your laptop-
- Open your google slides.
- In your toolbar, go to the left corner of it and choose the insert option.
- After choosing the insert option, you will need to select the image and then click on the upload computer.
- Select the GIF you want to upload and click on open.
- Move the GIF, according to your need if you want.
- If you want to resize it, select the GIF. Now select any of the blue sides and start dragging it while selecting the shift key, according to your requirement.
Adding up a GIF with the help of a URL
Following are the steps through which you can add up the google slide with the help of the URL-
- Open up the slide you want to add to the GIF.
- Click on the insert option on the toolbar of the slide.
- After clicking the insert option you can click on the images and after it click on By URL.
- A box will be open where you can put the URL in it.
- After it, a GIF will occur on the screen. Now click on the insert to put the GIF in it.
- You can adjust the position of the GIF, by clicking on it.
Insert GIF online
- Open the Google slides on your laptop.
- Choose the slide in which you need to add the GIF.
- Select the insert option and then the image option.
- After it, select the option to search the web.
- A display window will be open and search for the running gif.
- You click on the required GIF and select the preview option.
- After it, select the insert option.
Insert GIF from my drive
Just like all other ways you again need to come to the step where you will be selected on the image option from the insert bar. For this method, you will need to click on Google drive after selecting the image option.
How to add GIFs in Google slides on the mobile phone
Following are the steps to add GIFs in Google slides on a mobile phone-
- Open the slides app on your mobile phone and sign in with your account.
- Open the presentation in which you need to add the GIF. Now select the slide in which you need to add GIF.
- Similarly to the laptop procedure, you will need to select the insert option.
- You will get the insert option by clicking on the plus sign.
- Now click on images and select the option from photos.
- Select the GIF you want to add to the presentation and click on the insert option.
What is the maximum Google slides size
When you are inserting the GIFs in the google slide you need to make sure that you are adding the appropriate size of it. The maximum size of the GIFs that you are inserting is 50MB. This means that it can not be more than 25 megapixels. Also remember if you are using the URL to add up the GIF, then you must not exceed 2KB in length. So if you are adding up the GIFs that are exceeding these numbers then you need to convert them into small sizes.
How to edit the GIFs in the Google slides
There are so many different styles in which you can edit the GIF in it-
You will first need to click on it and then drag the black dots over it to get the desired size. Now click on the enter key to get the desired size.
Format the GIFs
You can rotate, recolor, or change the brightness of it. For all these things you need to select the GIF, you want to edit and then click on the format option on the toolbar. The format option bar will be displayed on the screen. Choose the option you want to apply to the GIF.
Adding the borders
Again you will need to select your GIF. Once done choose the border color option on the menu bar. Select the type of border and its color.
GIF is an animated image with the shortest file size possible. It can be characterized as a sequence of still images or soundless videos that play repeatedly in a loop. There are many websites where you can find free GIFs to use. You can simply add the GIF to your presentations as well. There are different ways by which you can add up the GIFs in your presentation as well from your laptop and your mobile phone as well.
This post is last updated on hrtanswers.com at Date : 1st of September – 2022